Nicole (Nikki) Morse
I’m currently based in Tallahassee, FL working as the Marketing and Events Manager at Florida State University Libraries. I also serve as the Executive Director of the Florida Book Awards. In December 2019, I completed a Master’s degree in Integrated Marketing and Communications with a focus in Project Management from FSU.
As an experienced marketer and project coordinator, I have designed and implemented a variety of marketing campaigns, events and experiences in the higher education industry. Further I’ve assisted in building upon the organization’s brand by creating targeted marketing plans for audiences ranging from donors and alumni to undergraduate students and faculty. I’m always interested in new opportunities, so don’t hesitate to reach out about a collaboration!
Follow this link to access samples of my work including press releases, marketing plans, and more.
Marketing and Events Manager, Florida State University Libraries
November 2021 – Current
- Executive Director of the Florida Book Awards
- Coordinates and facilitates marketing and communication in the areas of:
- News and blog writing
- Social media planning and implementation
- Print publication management, planning and proofreading
- Marketing initiative planning and implementation
- Assists in project management, marketing consultations, photography and basic graphic design
- Plans, coordinates, and implements all aspects of library-sponsored events from the Office of the Dean. Conceptualizes creative and enjoyable programs that increases participation from targeted audiences. Including creating marketing and promotion plans for these programs and events. Manages all phases of event planning including logistical arrangements such as venue selection, catering needs, video & virtual platforms, communication planning, etc.
- Manages the implementation of goals, objectives, and procedures for training and development programs for all library employees. Makes recommendations to the Associate Dean of Administrative Services regarding new professional development strategies and programs.
Engagement Coordinator, Florida State University Libraries
May 2018 – October 2021
- Coordinates all outreach and event efforts in the Research and Learning Services (RLS) division
- Creates engagement opportunities and experiential marketing for targeted audiences
- Manages all outreach and event budgets within RLS division
- Schedules and manages team of part-time event staff and brand ambassadors
- Establishes and maintains purposeful partnerships with campus partners
- Collaborates closely with Asst. Director of Marketing and Lead Designer to create marketing plans for events
- Compiles data, constructs narrative, and designs the bi-annual and annual reports on events and outreach within RLS
Outreach Associate, Florida State University Libraries
May 2016 – May 2018
- Created original engagement opportunities for the undergraduate student population
- Cultivated partnerships with student groups and undergraduate campus partners
- Scheduled and managed a team of part-time event staff
- Promoted library services and resources to the undergraduate student population
- Developed escape room experiences that challenged students to engage with the library
- Compiled data and assisted in creation of assessment for undergraduate engagement
Staff Writer, Spoon University Online Food Publication
September 2015 – May 2016
Spoon University is an online food publication written for college students, by college students. Published work can be found here.
- Wrote articles weekly on topics related to college student lifestyle and food
- Attended weekly pitch meetings with fellow staff writers and content editors
- Collaborated with content editors and photographers on weekly articles
- Edited and published articles on WordPress
Master of Arts in Integrated Marketing and Communication
Certificate in Project Management
Florida State University
Graduated December 2019
Bachelor of Arts in Editing, Writing, and Media
Florida State University
Graduated May 2016